Malta Town Hall, 2540 Route 9, Malta NY 12020.
Malta was formed from Stillwater, March 3, 1802, and a part of Saratoga was annexed March 28, 1805. It lies upon the west bank of Saratoga Lake, south-east of the center of the County.
The first settlers were two men named Drummond and McKelpin, who came before the Revolution and located west of the lake. These men were suspected of being Torries and were driven from the County. In 1777-8 Michael Dunning, with six sons and three daughters, from Connecticut, came into town. John Rhoades and Timothy Shipman were the first settlers on Malta Ridge; Robert and John Hunter and Jehial Parks located at Maltaville about the commencement of the Revolution. Mr. Dunning was a captain in the Revolutionary War. He purchased 1,250 acres of land and laid out a square of two acres for a military parade ground.
Samuel Clark was the first supervisor of the town.
Nearby Towns: Ballston Spa Vlg • Ballston Town • Milton Town • Round Lake Vlg •