Clifton Park Town
Clifton Park Town Hall is located at 1 Town Hall Plaza, Clifton Park, NY 12065; phone: 518-371-6651.
Clifton Park was not formally organized as a political subdivision until 1828, when it was partitioned off from the town of Halfmoon. This frontier region north of the Mohawk River was slow to develop until after the end of the Revolutionary War. The area experienced an influx of immigrant settlers from New England and New Jersey, drawn by lands made available when the large royal patents of the pre-Revolutionary period were dissolved. The relatively flat expanse of southern Saratoga County proved conducive to agriculture. Small crossroads hamlets developed in Clifton Park and the opening of the Erie Canal (1817-1825) provided a vital transportation link to urban markets for bulk agricultural products shipped from surrounding regions.