Hoosick Town Hall is located at 80 Church Street, Hoosick Falls, NY 12090.
The Town of Hoosick was established in 1788, pre-dating the creation of Rensselaer County from a portion of Albany County in 1791. Located in the northeast corner of the county, Hoosick is characterized by a narrow valley formed by the Walloomsac and Hoosick Rivers bounded on the east by the steep and rugged mountains of the Taghanick and Petersburg Range. During the first half of the 19th century, settlement was limited to local water-powered mill sites and scattered farmsteads along the streams. The hamlet of "Hoosick Corners" grew up as a cluster of shops, taverns, and residences established at a stop on the stagecoach road between Troy and Bennington.