Otego Town Hall is located at 3526 Route 7, Otego NY 13825.
The Susquehanna River flows through the town.
The forming of the Township of Otego went through several stages and name changes following the issuing of the Otego Patent of 1770. The original patent consisted of what is now the Town of Laurens, the greater portions of the Towns of Milford, Oneonta, Otego, and a small part of the Town of Morris. The highlights of this evolution could be noted as: "Old Otego" was taken from the Township of Unadilla, February 5, 1796.
Huntsville, at times known as Hamburg, was formed April 12, 1822 from the eastern part of Unadilla and a tier of lots in the South Side of the River taken from Delaware County. The present Township of Otego was formed April 17, 1830 from Huntsville and the western part of Old Otego. The eastern part of Old Otego became part of Oneonta.
Nearby Towns: Otego Vlg •