Cherry Valley Village Hall is located at 44 Main Street, Cherry Valley NY 13320.
John Lindsay, a Scotsman, settled here in 1739 and was shortly followed by Reverend Samuel Donlop (Trinity College, Dublin) who in 1743 established the first English-speaking church west of the Hudson River. Donlop named the settlement Cherry valley because of the many cherry trees that grew wild in the area.
Cherry Valley, by 1799, was the junction and terminus or three Great Western turnpikes (from Albany, Cooperstown, and Caznovia). This intersection resulted in Cherry Valley's prospering during the early 19th century. After the opening of the Erie Canal, Cherry Valley's influence declined resembling that of numerous other crossroads towns.
Nearby Towns: Roseboom Town •