banner search whats new site index home

Oak Orchard

Oak Orchard land on the south side of Ridge Road was taken up by Artemas Houghton in 1811, and by Aaron Adams in 1812; and that on the north side by John G. Brown in 1811. For more than a decade after its first settlement, Oak Orchard was Ridgeway's main business center. Here were a tannery, a distillery, a grist mill, a saw mill, an ashery, 3 taverns and 3 stores; and here, in 1813, was held the first town meeting for Ridgeway. [1]

  1. Signor, Hon. Isaac S., editor, Landmarks of Orleans County New York, D. Mason & Company publishers, Syracuse, 1894

Oak Orchard Map

Street Names
Culvert Road • Ridge Road • Route 104 • Route 72

**Information is curated from a variety of sources and, while deemed reliable, is not guaranteed. © 1997-2019 • The Gombach Group • Contact • 135173 • Privacy | Disclaimer