Bergen Village Hall is located at 11 Buffalo Street, Bergen NY 14416.
Phone: 585‑494‑1513. The village was incorporated in March of 1877.
The village was settled in 1801 when Lake Road was opened by the land company of the Triangular Tract corporation. The first settlers were farmers from Connecticut who were attracted to the area by its fertile, flat land and dense forests. By 1810 a small crossroads hamlet had developed with a sawmill, store, tavern, post office, and church. Until its incorporation as a village in 1877, Bergen was the main hamlet and commercial center of the Town of Bergen which was itself incorporated in 1812.