Walton Village Hall is located at 21 North Street, Walton NY 13856.
The village of Walton was named after William Walton, Jr., a wealthy and enterprising New York City merchant and founder of the Chamber of Commerce of the State of New York. In 1770, King George III granted Walton a 20,000 acre patent, which included the site of the present village. In 1785, two of Walton's friends, Dr. Platt Townsend and Joshua Pine, left their Long Island homes with their families and some Connecticut partners to establish Walton, New York. Over the next twenty-five years, a small community developed along the north bank of the Delaware River.
Nearby Towns: Walton Town •