Sidney Town Hall is located at 21 Liberty Street, Sidney NY 13838.
The town of Sidney occupies the northwest corner of Delaware County and abuts Otsego County on the north and Chenango County on the west. The town is defined by its major waterway, the Susquehanna River, which flows east-west, forming the town and county line. The town is generally hilly in character, rising from the Susquehanna Valley to the foothills of the Catskill Mountains to the south. Two principal streams, the Ouleout and Carrs Creeks, flow through the town, forming deep valleys between rocky hillsides, and empty into the Susquehanna River. The Ouleout passes through the northeast corner of the town, while Carrs Creek cuts through the center from southeast to northwest. Delaware County was formed from Otsego in 1796 and the town of Sidney was formed from Franklin in 1801; Masonville (to the south) was divided off in 1811.