Bovina Town Hall is located at 1866 County Highway 6, Bovina Center NY 13740.
The town of Bovina, a name given it by General Erastus Root, was formed from parts of Delhi, Middletown and Stamford in 1820.
The first settler in the town of Bovina was Elisha B. Maynard who came from Westchester County in 1791. He spent the winter of 1791-92 making preparations for his new home, and in the spring of 1792 moved his family and all his belongings upon a wood-shod sled drawn by two yokes of oxen all the way from the Hudson River. In 1794 Alexander Bush came from Long Island and settled six miles west of the Maynards, his nearest neighbors.
By the early 1800s a number of Scottish settles began establishing homes and clearing the land.
The first post office was established at Lake Delaware in 1821. Previous to that time mail was brought from Stamford. A post office was established at Bovina Center in 1844 with John Erkson as postmaster.
By 1898 in Bovina Center there were four general stores, a saw and grist mill, two blacksmith shops, two boot and shoe shops, one millinery parlor, one barber shop, and a hotel.