Wellsville Town Hall is located at 156 North Main Street, Wellsville, NY 14895.
The first settler in what would be the Town of Wellsville was Nathaniel Dike who settled here about 1795. He erected a cabin, a saw mill, a grist mill and a tannery. The tannery was undoubtedly the first one in Allegany County. Dike's cabin became the nucleus of a small settlement situated at Elm Valley, and had no influence on the location and growth of the village of Wellsville. Early settlers in the region included Samuel Warner, Amos Lane and the Straite family. Others were A. Dunham, A. A. Adams, H. and R. Hall, H. Rogers, S. Hills, W. D. Spicer, G. B. Jones, and M. Johnson. Settlement slowed around the time of the building and opening of the Erie Canal. Marketable products produced by the early settlers were butter, cheese, and lumber.