The Frederick Crounse House (3960 Altamont-Voorheesville Rd.) was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1982. Portions of the the text below were adapted from a copy of the original nomination document. 
The Frederick Crounse House sets back from the road, and it retains its 18th-century setting. Another Crounse house is located to the south. Since the original farm is now mostly woodland, the national registered area is an arbitrary 8 acres surrounding the house.
There is evidence in the farmhouse of the evolution of three separate structures. A small Dutch stone house is at the rear, and a late 18th-century wing was added to that. The main house was built around 1802 and retains much of the original detail in the stairs, mantelpieces and woodwork.
This substantial farmhouse was built in three stages beginning with a small stone Dutch house built around 1760. The house was lived in by Frederick Crounse and records seem to indicate the second addition was added by his son Frederick 2nd. Frederick Crounse 2nd was very patriotic during the Revolutionary War and contributed liberally toward the support of the American cause. Frederick 2nd was also believed responsible for the 1802 addition.
The Crounse House is significant as one of the earliest structures in the town, as well as for its Federal period additions and for its association with a notable community figure. Its early barn contributes to the character of the farmhouse.