Historic hamlet name for Peter Keefer, a resident of Keefers Corners since 1843, which place was first settled in 1792 by Baltus Keefer, at which time it was a dense wilderness. Mr. Keefer is engaged in farming and is postmaster at Keefer's Corners.
A Methodist Episcopal Church was organized here from the Manhattan Hook Society, located at Copeland Hill. James Laird and Ebenezer Osborn were early circuit preachers. The old church building was taken down and the material used in the construction of the house in 1845. It is built upon ground donated by Francis Osterhout, Peter Keefer, George C. Lamoreaux, and Philip R. Witbeck, trustees; John W. Morrison, pastor.
Copeland Hill Road • Indian Fields Road • Route 32