Voorhees Town Hall is located at 620 Berlin Road, Voorhees NJ 08043.
Voorhees was incorporated in 1899 from Waterford Township. It was named for Foster MacGowan Voorhees (1826-1927) who was, at the time, Governor of New Jersey.
Voorhees was a State Senator from Union County in 1898. Governor John Griggs resigned to become U.S. Attorney General and Voorhees, as then President of the Senate, was appointed acting Governor. He was subsequently elected as Governor serving from 1899-1902.
When Camden County was created in 1844, the area that would become Voorhees Township (then part of Waterford Township) had been settled by many Quakers from Burlington County. Early settlements were clustered around Glendale, Kresson, Ashland and Gibbsboro (which was incorporated as a borough in 1924).
Nearby Towns: Barrington Boro • Berlin Boro • Cherry Hill Twp • Evesham Twp • Gibbsboro Boro • Gloucester Twp • Haddonfield Boro • Pine Hill Boro • Somerdale Boro •