Haddon Heights Borough Hall is located at 625 Station Avenue, Haddon Heights NJ 08035.
Phone: 856‑547‑7164. Haddon Heights was incorporated as a borough in 1904.
Haddon Heights was first laid out in the 1890s as a planned community along the railroad line to Atlantic City.
In 1904 Borough of Haddon Heights was incorporated and Benjamin Lippincott was elected the first mayor. By that time a number of businesses were in operation along Station Avenue. Dr. Charles Shillito operated a pharmacy in the original Evaul store at 501 Station Avenue (northwest corner of Station Avenue and White Horse Pike). The same building also housed the post office, a telephone exchange, and the public library that had been established in 1902. To the west along the north side of Station Avenue stood a barber shop operated by Ulysses Ford, and the second Evaul store at the corner of East Atlantic Avenue. On the south side of Station Avenue in this block were Klein's Bakery (500 Station Avenue), the Thurwanger Cigar and Candy Store, and, at the corner of East Atlantic Avenue, Fredrick Fries' real estate office. To the west of the railroad line between West Atlantic and Seventh Avenues were a house and an office (north and south sides of Station Avenue respectively). [Polly A. Matherly, Heritage Studies, Inc., Station Avenue Business District, nomination document, National Register of Historic Places.]
Nearby Towns: Barrington Boro • Bellmawr Boro • Camden City • Cherry Hill Twp • Collingswood Boro • Gloucester City • Gloucester Twp • Haddon Twp • Haddonfield Boro • Maple Shade Twp • Merchantville Boro • Oaklyn Boro • Pine Hill Boro • Runnemede Boro • Somerdale Boro • Westville Boro • Woodbury City • Woodlynne Boro •