Photo: Ackerman House, ca. 1811, Saddle River, New Jersey. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1983. Photographed by User:Bill Coughlin (own work), 2010, [cc-by-3.0 (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed April, 2013.
Saddle River Borough Hall is located at 100 East Allendale Road, Saddle River, NJ 07458.
Saddle River was incorporated as a borough in 1894.
Saddle River as described in 1939 
Saddle River, population 657, is a country town supporting a polo team in the Bergen County League. A tradition is that the settlement was named by two Scottish land speculators, Captain Nichols and Richard Stillwell, who bought several thousand acres from the Indians. Both saw a strong likeness of the stream to Saddle Burn, a brook in Argyllshire.
Nearby Towns: Allendale Boro • Ho-Ho-Kus Boro • New Millford Borough • Oradell Borough • Paramus Boro • Ramsey Boro • River Edge Boro • Washington Twp • Woodcliff Lake Boro •