Allendale Borough Hall is located at 500 West Crescent Avenue, Allendale NJ 07401.
Allendale as described in 1900 
The enterprising little village of Allendale is of comparatively modern growth, but is fast assuming proportions worthy of a more dignified name. The place was named for Colonel Allen, one of the engineers engaged in the construction of the Erie Railroad. It has now several stores, a hotel, and two flourishing churches.
The land was first owned by John Lawbaugh and Paul van Houten, and descended to their heirs, among whom were Joseph and Henry Mallinson. Paul Van Houten was killed in the war of 1812. John Van Houten, his brother, married Margaret Nickler, June 28, 1794 and settled subsequently (probably in a few years) in a little house near where John Youmans lived and died.
During the latter part of the year 1894, the residents of Allendale, fearing that the neighboring towns would incorporate under the Borough Act, and, by including a portion or the whole of Allendale, would thus divert its taxes to the improvement and maintenance of other towns, determined, in order to protect themselves, to also incorporate. The survey was made to include about four square miles of territory, and the incorporation effected at the time mentioned. The population of the territory included within the boundaries of the Borough is about 650. At its first election the following officers were installed: Peter D. Rapelje, Mayor; Walter Dewsnap, E. E. Burtis, H. O. Doty, George W. Hatch, Charles Parrigot, C. A. Quackenbush, Council; R. L. Nimmo, Clerk.
Nearby Towns: Franklin Lakes Boro • Ho-Ho-Kus Boro • Montebello Vlg • Paramus Boro • Ramsey Boro • Saddle River Boro • Washington Twp • Woodcliff Lake Boro •