Windham Town Hall is located at 4 North Lowell Road, Windham, NH 03087.
First settled beginning ca. 1719 by Scottish immigrants, Windham was incorporated in 1742. It is named for British Parliamentarian Sir Charles Wyndham who was a friend of Governor Benning Wentworth.
First Settlers 
The first settlement in what would become Windham was southeast of Cobbett's Pond, near the cemetery, on the highest elevation of Copps' Hill. There the first house stood, and the first occupant was John Waddell. This was not far from 1720. In 1721, David Gregg, whose pedigree traces back to Scotland, came from Watertown, Massachusetts, and located in Stone Dam at the top of the hill, south of Charles W. Campbell's and only a few rods distant.
Alexander McCoy, a stalwart farmer from the Highlands of Scotland, in 1721 located where Benjamin F. Allen now lives. John Dinsmoor, the emigrant, and son of John Dinsmoor of Achenmead, Scotland, settled on the Hopkins place, near the junction, in 1723. He was the ancestor of the two Governors of Dinsmoor, and all of that name in town.
Nearby Towns: Derry Town • Londonderry Town •