Brentwood Town Hall is located at 1 Dalton Road, Brentwood NH 03833; phone: 603-642-6400.
Founded in 1638, the territory that is now the Town of Brentwood was then a part of Exeter. In 1742 residents were granted the right to establish their own parish and meetinghouse. There was great controversy over the siting of that meeting, the result being that two new parishes resulted, Keeneborough and Brentwood.
Brentwood remains a rural area. In 1687 there were more than 1,000 inhabitants, and today, barely more than 4,000 (about 1,400 households).
Brentwood was originally a part of Exeter and was incorporated in 1742. Previous to this a meeting house had been erected in what is now the easterly part of Brentwood. The first pastor of the Congregational Church in Brentwood was Reverend Nathaniel Trask, from Lexington, Massachusetts. He came to Brentwood in 1747. A church was organized in 1748, and Mr. Trask was ordained in December of that year. There was a meeting house built near the center of town in 1750.