Campton Town Hall is located at 1307 Route 175, Campton, NH 03223.
Campton was incorporated in 1767.
The early settlers of Campton were principally from Connecticut, Massachusetts and the southern part of New Hampshire. The first settlement was made by Isaac and Winthrop Fox, from Connecticut, probably in the spring of 1762. They were joined by Isaac's wife and son, Isaac, and Enoch Taylor. Isaac Fox, Sr., settled on the east side of the river. Isaac Jr., settled on the opposite side of the river, and Mr. Taylor some two miles above on the west side. The traditions as to the time of the settlement of the town are conflicting; but all accounts agree that when the first settlement was made there were not settlers between this place and Stephenstown or Franklin, and we know that some seven or eight families came to Plymouth from Hollis, in 1764. Winthrop Fox, a nephew, came in 1762; Joseph Spencer, son of General Jabez Spencer, in 1764; Abel Willey, in 1768; Hobart Spencer, Darius Willey, Moses Little, Samuel Fuller, Daniel Wyatt, David Perkins, Joseph Pulsifer and Gershom Burbank in 1769.
The first town meeting recorded was held in 1772 with Moses Little as moderator. Colonel Joseph Spencer was selected as town clerk. Captain Gershom Burbank, Moses Little, Esq., James Harvel, Ebenezer Taylor and Benjamin Wilcox were chosen as selectmen.