The Casco Township Hall is located at 4512 Meldrum Road, Casco, MI 48064.
Casco Township was incorporated in 1854 from part of Ganges Township.
Father Marquette may have visited somewhere on the Allegan County shoreline in 1675, but the first permanent settlers moved here, cleared the dense forest and engaged in agriculture in about 1830. The Pokagon Indians were neighbors with the new white settlers and remained active and friendly through the turn of the century. Logging, followed by farming, then removed most of the deciduous and conifer forests for lumber by 1900. Fruit production started in the 1880's and then increased in importance after the forests were harvested. Fruit production remains, but has declined with the loss of processors.
At the turn of the century the Lake Michigan shoreline began to witness development of seasonal homes, many of them for Chicago area people. This seasonal housing development and the farming business have remained the mainstay of Casco Township, but many orchards became blueberry producers and field crops became more common. Although there are about 2,000 residences in Casco Township, many of their occupants are employed nearby in South Haven or the Palisades Nuclear Power Plant.