Allegan County administrative offices are located at 113 Chestnut Street, Allegan, MI 49010; phone: 269-673-0205.
Allegan County was established in 1831 at which time there were but a handful of permanent settlers in the area. Among the first settlers were Giles Scott and Turner Aldrich.
Photo: James Noble Sherwood House, circa 1864, located at 768 Riverview Drive, Plainwell. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1984. Photographed by User: rossograph (own work), 2013, [cc-3.0], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed September, 2021.