Sandwich Town Hall is located at 130 Main Street, Sandwich, MA 02563.
First settled in 1637, the Town of Sandwich was incorporated in 1639. This was the first place to be settled on Cape Cod. It is named for Sandwich, a town in England. From 1825 to 1888 it was famous for its beautifully colored glass made from a secret formula which has since been lost. The first pressed glass and the first lace glass in America were made here. Following the glass era, cranberry culture became the main enterprise during the early 20th century.