La Crosse City Hall is located at 1119 Main Street, La Crosse, KS 67548.
La Crosse as described in 1939 
La Crosse, seat of Rush County, is a modern little city amidst oil and natural gas fields. La Crosse was founded by David and Denman Stubbs, pioneers from Missouri, who, upon learning that the borders of Rush County had been changed by a legislative act, saw that Rush Center would lose its designation as a county seat since it was no longer at the center of the county. In 1876 the Stubbs brothers surveyed two roads across the county, bisecting it from north to south and from east to west, at the junction of these roads they platted La Crosse (French for the crossing) and made a bid for the county seat. After a prolonged dispute with Rush Center, La Crosse became the permanent seat in 1888. A 2-story frame building on the west side of Main Street, now occupied by a pharmacy, was the first courthouse in Rush County. In the course of the county seat quarrel this structure was shunted back and forth between the rival towns four or five times.