Gosport Town Hall is located at 13 South 3rd Street, Gosport, IN 47433; phone: 812-879-4334.
Photo: Dr. H. G. Osgood House, ca. 1850, 11 East North Street, Gosport, IN. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1999. Photographed by User:Nyttend (own work), 2010, [cc0-by-1.0 (creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/deed.en], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed August, 2014.
Gosport as described in 1941 
Gosport is a quiet village directly on the Ten O'Clock Line, established by the terms of a treaty between William Henry Harrison and the Indians at Fort Wayne in 1809. Platted in 1829, Gosport was once a prominent shipping point for the flatboat trade that flourished on the White River. A large pork-slaughtering house also carried on a great volume of business here. The village subsequently declined and is now largely residential.
The White River, which marks the Owen-Monroe County Line at the southeast edge of Gosport, is crossed by a bridge, half of steel girders and half of the wooden covered type. Each half was built according to the preferences of the county in which it stands.