Morrison City Hall is located at 200 West Main Street, Morrison, IL 61270.
The town was surveyed and laid out in 1855 by W.S. Wilkinson, under the management of Lyman Johnson, who came to the area in 1854 with H.S. Vroom as a railroad contractor and builder. The original proprietors included Johnson and Vroom as well as Homer Caswell, John W. Stakes, James Snyder, L.H. Robinson, N.M. Jackson, John J. West, and W.H. Van Epps. The town was named by Johnson in honor of Charles Morrison, a friend of Van Epps and a wealthy New York merchant who promised financial support towards the town's development. Despite Mr. Morrison's subsequent misfortunes and his inability to fulfill his promises, the name was retained. Morrison was incorporated in 1857 and became the seat of Whiteside County that same year.