Demorest City Hall is located at 579 Georgia Street, Demorest, GA 30535; phone: 706-778-4202.
In 1897 the J. S. Green Collegiate Institute was founded here. It was later (1903) renamed Piedmont College. Churches began being established in the area in the 1890s. W. Jennings Demorest formed the Demorest Home, Mining and Improvement Company and had John A. Reynolds survey and draw up a plat for a new town. The town was incorporated in 1889 and named for Mr. Demorest. [City of Demorest History, www.habershamga.com, accessed May, 2011.]