Lyme Town Hll is located at 480 Hamburg Road (Route 156), Lyme, CT 06371.
Lyme was named as early as 1666, by settlers who had come from Saybrook and settled in the southern part of the town. There was some scattered European settlement by the early 1700s. In 1857 Old Lyme, on the coast and Lyme, to the north, were incorporated as separate towns. Lyme had begun dividing into 4 separated parishes in 1719.