Griswold Town Hall is located at 28 Main Street, Jewett City, CT 06351.
Griswold, named for Governor Roger Griswold, was set off from Preston in 1815.
The first settler was Eleazer Jewett, for whom the Borough of Jewett City was named when incorporated in 1895. Starting with a small farm, Mr. Jewett developed a grist mill and a saw mill. Other settlers came and set up mills on the Pachaug River. An oil mill, a woolen mill, a cotton mill, soon followed, and added largely to the prosperity of the town. While Griswold was largely agricultural, its water power resulted in the development of some large manufacturing establishments, including the Slater Mill, the Aspinook Company, and the Ashland Cotton Company. By 1910 the town had achieved a population of more than 4,200.