Photo: Thomas Avery House (also known as the Smith-Harris House), ca. 1845, Society Road, East Lyme, CT. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1979. Photographed by User:Chrissypan (own work), 2011, [cc0-by-1.0 (creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/deed.en], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed September, 2013.
East Lyme Town Hall is located at 108 Pennsylvania Avenue, Niantic, CT 06357.
East Lyme was first settled about 1660. It was incorporated in 1839. It contains the Neshantic State Forest and Rocky Neck State Park. There are beach developments along the shore of Long Island Sound and Smith Cove.