Madison town Hall is located at 8 Campus Drive, Madison, CT 06443.
Madison, formerly part of Guilford, was settled about 1649. The parish of East Guilford was organized in 1707, and a separate town was named for ex-president Madison, incorporated in 1826. A considerable sea trade developed in the days of the sailing ships. Among Madison's distinguished sons were George W. Scranton, the founder of Scranton, PA, and Thomas Chittenden, the first governor of Vermont. In the 1930s there was a large summer colony and a State Park at Hammonasset Beach.
Nearby Towns: Guilford Town •