Sharon Town Hall is located at 63 Main Street, Sharon CT 06069; phone: 860-364-5244.
The Town of Sharon was sold at New Haven in 1738. Of the 49 purchasers of rights, 16 became settlers, largely from Colchester and Lebanon. The town was incorporated in 1739. Sharon is made up of mountains on the east and a rolling plain on the west, along the New York State Line. There was once here an extensive iron industry accompanied by related factories. The village was once a large summer colony. Part of the town lies within the Housatonic State Forest.