Easton Town Hall is located at 225 Center Road, Easton CT 06612.
Easton was incorporated in 1845 from Weston.
Easton was originally a part of Weston, a daughter Town of Fairfield, which was originally settled in 1639. The area that became Weston, a vast tract of nearly 50 square miles that extended inland more than 20 miles from the coast, was first surveyed in 1670 by Fairfield proprietors as a land reserve for future generations. As the ridgelines and valleys in the region run in a northerly direction, the survey established east-west tiers of "long lots," laid out north to south. All the original seventeenth-century towns in Connecticut were becoming overcrowded by the early 1700s, and Fairfield was no exception. Settlement of the Fairfield back country began as early as the 1720s, and by mid-century, the "outlivers" began to assert their independence from the parent town. No longer content to make the long, difficult trip to Fairfield for church services as a required by colony law, they petitioned the General Assembly for parish privileges. Those living on the west side of the Aspetuck River formed the Norfield Parish in 1756, followed by the North Fairfield Parish on the east side of the river in 1762. Combining forces to achieve political independence, the parishes united as the Town of Weston in 1787, but it was not until 1845 that Easton was established as a separate town.
Nearby Towns: Fairfield Town • Monroe Town •