Home | Whats New | Site Index | Search

Barbour County, Alabama

Barbour County Photo

Photo: Kendall Manor, ca. 1865, 534 West Broad Street, Eufaula, AL. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1972. Photographed by User:SaveRivers (own work), 2014, [cc-by-3.0 (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed August, 2015.


The Barbour County Courthouse is located at 1 Court Square, Clayton, AL 36016; phone: 334‑775‑3203.

TOWNS

The county was established in 1832 from part of Pike County and land formerly part of the Creek Indian Nation. The Chattahoochie River forms one of the county's boundaries with the State of Georgia.

HISTORIC SITES