Andersontown as Described in 1886 
Andersontown is named in honor of Rennox Anderson who built the first house here. This town is situated about 2 miles south of Lisburn, and 2-1/2 miles east of Siddonsburg. The census of 1880 gave it a population of 35; 17 males and 18 females. Several years ago a post office was established with Jacob A. Sultzberger, postmaster, who also has a general store. Many of the inhabitants of the village are engaged in cultivation of small fruits such as grapes, raspberries and strawberries.