Siddonsburg as Described in 1886 
The site on which this village is located was, in the early days, a parading ground for militia companies. In 1825 William Divin and Benjamin Siddon conceived the idea of starting a town, which was named after the latter. James G. Fraser was the first postmaster, being appointed in 1826, and continued for many years. There have been a number of changes since. J. A. Myers is the present postmaster; he also has a general store. The town is about 7/8ths of a mile in length, and the upper end is locally known as Mount Pleasant. According to the census of 1880 there were 147 inhabitants, 72 males and 75 females. Of these 37 were school age. Dr. W. R. Prowell practices medicine here.