banner search whats new site index home

Duttons Mill


The grist and saw mill of Isaac P. Dutton in the southeastern corner of East Goshen Township, about four miles northeast of West Chester, provided a directional guide for so long for the houses around the mill that the locality became known as Dutton's Mill. George Ashbridge, who shipped flour from this mill to Washington's ragged forces at Valley Forge, erected it in 1743.

  1. Pinkowski, Edward. Chester County Place Names,, Sunshine Press, Philadelphia, 1962

Duttons Mill Map

Street Names
Duttons Mill Road • Strasburg Road East

**Information is curated from a variety of sources and, while deemed reliable, is not guaranteed.
Copyright © 1997-2016 • The Gombach Group • www.gombach.com • 215-295-6555 • 127848 • Privacy