Noted 19th Century Peach Orchards 
Small village in the northeaster corner of Plumstead Township, between Hinkletown and Ralph Stover Park. It takes its name from a branch of the Smith family that became widely known among horticulturists years ago. In 1840 Michael Smith lived on the northwest corner of Stump Road and the road leading to Samuel Stover's (now Trafalgar's) mill. For many years Michael's son, Amos, lived on the southeastern intersection of these roads and resided there at the time of his death. He held the office of constable for several terms at a time when considerable responsibility and dignity attached to the office. Amos Smith had six children: Mary Ellen, who married Israel Wismer, and lived on her grandfather's property; Jacob, a stonemason, who resided on the adjoining property; Emma, who married Samuel Lear and lived on what was known as the Cope Farm; Michael, who was the last blacksmith at Smiths Corner in a shop on the Stump Road near the cross roads; Alice, who married Reuben Walker, of Tinicum, owner of the farm on the Wormansville Road, and Kate, wife of John M. Nash, who was killed by an automobile near Easton Pa, February 9, 1940. After the death of her father Kate Nash bought the home property and lived there until her death thirty years ago. There are no members of the Smith Family now living in the village. Amos Smith, seventy years ago planted a peach orchard on his farm, which was a great success. He then planted more orchards, as did his neighbors, and Smith Corners became noted for its peaches, buyers coming from teams from this and adjoining counties. At the height of the season, wagonloads of luscious fruit were hauled to Bryan Station on Belvidere Division of the Pennsylvania Railroad and shipped by rail from there to New York and other points. The Smiths Corners Growers did their own propagating, planting the peach stones for scions, which they budded. They carried on a profitable business in selling both young trees and fruit. In this work Amos Smith was the pioneer. At the end of about twenty years the business was abandoned. A school house has been located in the village for more than a hundred years. In 1836 David Smith gave to trustees a lot of twenty perches and a new building for school purposes, reserving the growing timber. The building was located on the Hinkletown and Milton Roads. It was abandoned for school purposes about 1865 and was then used as a blacksmith shop. The new schoolhouse was built a short distance west of the old building. The large store building on the southeastern corner of the cross roads was built before 1870 by a member of the Cope family, who later sold it to Benjamin Hall. In late years it has been used as a dwelling. A store was opened on another location.
School District: Central Bucks