Village in northeastern Plumstead Township at the intersection of Carversville and Goveland Roads midway between the old Point Pleasant and Danboro Turnpike (Route 829) and Stump Road. It was formerly called Benners Corner, but when the Benner family died out and Amandus B. Melcher built the store in 1908 the name was changed in his honor to Melchers Corner. The post office was moved from Smiths Corner to the store at Melchers Corner in 1938. Elwood B. Melcher, who took over the store after his father's death is present postmaster. The territory between Wismer and Point Pleasant was formerly served by a mail stage running between the two points, but much of the mail is now carried by rural deliver cars. Union Creamery, built in 1884, is near the village.
School District: Central Bucks