Upper Black Eddy
Upper Black Eddy is home to the Bridgeton House (circa 1836), a Bed and Breakfast that sits at the foot of the bridge which spans the Delaware River between the village and Milford Borough, New Jersey. The bridge was opened to traffic in 1842.
A post office was established in 1830 with David Worman as postmaster. Sometime in the 1890s the name of the post office was changed to Wilson, but reverted back to Upper Black Eddy shortly thereafter.
In its heyday during the early to mid nineteenth century, Upper Black Eddy consisted of 40 homes and two inns. The village today is linear along River Rd and more than 100 homes are found spanning out from its center.
Prior to the days of canal commerce, Upper Black Eddy was a popular harbor for rafts transporting lumber down river.