Bridgeton Township municipal offices are located at 1370 Bridgeton Hill Road, Upper Black Eddy, PA 18972; phone: 610-982-5255.
When created in 1890, the township was named for the covered bridge that then crossed the Delaware between Upper Black Eddy and Milford New Jersey. At 681 feet, with walkways on both sides, this was the last of 11 wooden bridges that spanned the Delaware. George MacReynolds, in Place Names in Bucks County, wrote that the township's riverfront "... extending from Narrowsville on the northeast to the southern extremity of Upper Black Eddy on the southeast, is one of the most interesting parts of the Delaware Valley." He mentioned a number of "scenic features" ... Ringing Rocks, High Falls, Falls Creek Ravine, Wild Cat Hollow, and Mine Spring.
Median lot size of a single family home in Bridgeton (2.0 acres) is more than 4 times the median for the county overall (less than one-half acre).