Evanston City Hall is located at 1200 Main Street, Evanston, WY 82930.
Harvey Booth erected a tent saloon and settled in the area in 1868. Greenville Dodge, chief engineer for the Union Pacific Railroad, platted the town of Evanston along the Bear River in 1870. The following year the railroad constructed a roundhouse to service locomotives. A county courthouse was erected in 1874, part of which was incorporated into the present structure to which it was expanded in 1984.