Home | Whats New | Site Index | Search

Mequon City

Ozaukee County, Wisconsin

Mequon City Photo

Photo: John Reichert Farmhouse, ca. 1885, 14053 N. Wauwatosa Road, Mequon, WI. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1977. Photographed by User:Frekee (own work), 2009, [cc0-by-1.0 (creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/deed.en], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed March, 2014.

Mequon City Hall is located at 11333 North Cedarburg Road, Mequon, WI 53092.
Phone: 262‑242‑3100.

Neighborhoods

Mequon was first settled by Isaac Bigelow and Daniel Strickland in 1836. It was incorporated 1846. By 1881 Mequon had 2 stores, 2 wagon shops, 2 blacksmiths, 1 tailor, 2 shoe shops, 3 saloons, a hotel and a post office. A Lutheran church was built in 1840. [www.wisconsinhistory.org, accessed May, 2012.]

Nearby Towns: Cedarburg Town •