Wise County Virginia
- HISTORIC SITES
- June Tolliver House
- Country Cabin
- Derby Historic District
- E.M. Fulton House
- Fox John Fox Jr. House
- Stonega Historic District
- Wise County Courthouse
Photo: June Tolliver House, ca. 1890, Route 613, Big Stone Gap, VA. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1973. Photographed by User:Betcantrell (own work), 2015, [cc-by-3.0 (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed March, 2017.
Wise County administrative offices are located at 206 East Main Street, Wise, VA 24293; phone: 276-328-2321.
Created in 1856 the county was formed from parts of Lee, Russell and Scott counties. It was named for Henry A. Wise [1806-1876]. Wise served in the House of Representatives from 1833 to 1844; he was 33rd governor of Virginia serving from 1856 to 1860.
Information is deemed reliable but not guaranteed. • Privacy
Copyright © 1997-2019 • The Gombach Group • Contact