Photo: Homes in the Mills Place Historic District, Corsicana, TX. The Historic District was listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1995. Photographed by user:Renelibrary (own work), 2012, [cc-by-3.0 (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed March, 2015.
Corsicana City Hall is located at 200 North 12th Street, Corsicana, TX 75110.
The City was established as the seat of government for Navarro County on its creation in 1848. David Mitchell donated 100 acres for a townsite and partnered with Thomas Smith in platting the area and selling lots. The first courthouse was built a year later, a log structure which served for four years until a frame building replaced it in 1853. Courthouse Square attracted a large number of business establishments and by 1855, the town's first newspaper, the Prairie Blade. [City of Corsicana, History, www.cityofcorsicana.com, accessed March, 2015]