Photo: Eugene H. Blount House, ca. 1923, 1801 North Street, Nacogdoches, TX. Listed on the National Register of Historic Places in 1992. Photographed by user:Rwminix, 2011, (own work) [cc-by-3.0 (creativecommons.org/licenses/by/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons, accessed May, 2015.
Nacogdoches County administrative offices are located at 101 West Main Street, Nacogdoches, TX 75961; phone: 936-560-7755.
Nacogdoches County was established in 1836. By 1860 nearly 400 families were residing within the county. Seventy percent of these immigrants came from the Old South States, primarily Alabama, Tennessee, Mississippi and Louisiana. For Nacogdoches County, the end of slavery meant serious economic loss. In 1859 slaves constituted slightly more than half of all taxable property. [Nacogdoches County, Texas State Historical Association, tshaonline.org, accessed May, 2015]