Flower Mound Town Hall is located at 2121 Cross Timbers Road, Flower Mound, TX 75028.
The Town of Flower Mound was created in 1844, beckoning settlers who were drawn by the quality of the soil. The town is named for a 5-foot high mound covered with Indian paintbrush (Castilleja), a perennial plant. Native Americans used the edible plant as a condiment.
Through the first half of the 20th century Flower Mound was home to a substantial farming and cattle-raising community.
The Army Corp of Engineers built Grapevine Lake in 1953. The economy grew as the area became a bedroom community for Dallas ex-urbanites. The town was incorporated in 1962.