West Greenwich Town Hall is located at 280 Victory Highway, West Greenwich, RI 02817.
Phone: 401‑392‑3800. West Greenwich was incorporated on April 6th, 1741.
Among the first settlers was a Theophilus Whalley, who, according to local tradition, was Edward Whalley, one of the so-called regicides, members of the "high court of justice" established by the English House of Commons for the trial of Charles the 1st. Whalley and his son-in-law, William Goffe, managed to escape to America when the monarchy was restored in England and Charles II issued warrants for the arrest of his father's "murderers." It seems unlikely that Theophilus was, indeed, Edward Whalley, but folklore chose to believe so, and thus to explain Whalley's choice to settle in what was then uninhabited forests, now West Greenwich. 
Nearby Towns: Coventry Town •