Tunkhannock Borough Hall is located at 126 Warren Street, Tunkhannock PA 18657.
Tunkhannock, county seat; population 1736, first called Putnam, after General Israel Putnam of Revolutionary War; settled, 1790; was incorporated 1841. Lies due north and south, east and west. Courthouse on Courthouse Square has two marble tablets in the corridor, with names of Revolutionary War soldiers buried within the limits of Wyoming County, placed by Tunkhannock Chapter, Daughters of the American Revolution. The Soldiers' Monument is on the same grounds. Among the churches of different denominations, the Methodist may be mentioned for Gothic architecture.