Meshoppen Borough Hall is located at the intersection of Canal Street and Route 267, Meshoppen PA 18630.
Meshoppen is an Indian word meaning the place of beads. Settled in 1742, was a stagecoach stop until the railroad arrived about 1870; the village is situated between Meshoppen Creek and the Susquehanna. Its economic interests include agriculture and quarrying.
Northwest of Meshoppen the route roughly parallels the low banks of the sluggish Susquehanna which, in its meandering course, forms a chain of horseshoes.